Top 10 Things That Make a House a Home
If you've been out of your parent's house for a few years, you definitely know the difference between a house you live in, and a home you live in.
2,000 people were asked what they thought makes a house a home, and I'm sure you'll agree with their answers.
1. A Good Bed- We spend almost 9,500 days in bed in our lifetime. That's 26 years. If you don't have a good bed, you won't sleep well. The only bed you should be dreaming about is your own.
2. Family Photos- This will make you laugh back to times playing catch with dad in the front yard, the family together for the 4th of July, or Christmas at grandma and grandpa's.
3. Having a "Spot" to Yourself on the Couch- Sheldon says it best.
4. Memories You've Made- Painting the house with your special someone, breaking the drywall carrying in a couch the first day you own the place, also tearing the door frame off when you're screaming at your buddies to back up because the couch is in the wall; the list goes on and on. You've made it your home through the memories you've had there.
5. A Full Fridge- Nothing's better than opening the fridge the day you go to the grocery store and you have all kinds of beer, 8 kinds of cheeses, and a bunch of other snacks.
6. A Bookshelf with Your Favorite Books- If you like to read, this is a personal touch that will also bring you joy.
7. The Smell of Fresh Cooking- Think about when you were a kid and you came home from school to your mom baking cookies, and how that felt.
8. Newly Washed Sheets- They feel different, smell different, and you sleep better on them.
9. Location- If you don't like your neighbors, or where your house is, then what's the point of living there?
10. Plenty of Natural Light- Natural light just adds an inexplicable happiness to a room.
Read more at SWNS
Check out these 50 fascinating facts about dogs: