Today is the Most Miserable Day of the Year, Here’s Why
Today is considered "Blue Monday," which is the most miserable day of the year. A 2005 study of 2,000 adults brings us an answer to why we're all so down today. The study is long and boring to read, so I went ahead and narrowed it down to the Top 10 reasons why.
- Feeling broke after overspending at Christmas.
- The weather sucks.
- The nights are much longer, it's dark almost 16 hours a day.
- Lack of sunshine
- The magic of Christmas is over
- We're sick of going to work again
- We're feeling guilty for eating or drinking too much over break
- General loneliness
- The pressure of New Year's Resolutions that you've already broken
- The cold makes you stay in, so you have less of a social life.
So buy a sunlamp that emits natural light to solve problems 3 and 4, pinch your pennies, and make your friends come to you instead of going out to them.
Nobody kept that "Going to the gym and eating healthier" resolution
Read more at The Sun