Things Your Boss Notices About You
Hopefully you have a decent boss who's not breathing down your neck all day. But a lot of people do. So here are the main things to worry about, because it's what they're most likely to notice.
- What time you get to work, and what time you leave. If you constantly show up late or leave early, they probably know about it.
- How you dress. Just make sure it's roughly on the same level with what other people in the office are wearing.
- Doing personal stuff on your computer, like shopping or checking Facebook. They only have to see it once, and they'll assume you do it all the time.
- Swearing. It makes you look unprofessional, even if it's at a happy hour after work. And if an employee is dropping F-bombs in an office setting, it's kind of hard to miss.
- How you manage your time. Meaning how you prioritize things, how efficient you are, and whether or not you make deadlines on a regular basis.
- How you're fitting in. That applies even if you've been there ten years. Like if you're the only one at their desk while everyone's having cake in the conference room, you look like you're not trying to be part of the team.
Read more at PopSugar.