The Best Foods to Eat Before Drinking
Nutrition experts came up with a list of the best foods to eat before you go out drinking. They all prevent you from absorbing alcohol too quickly, and they're healthier than something like pizza.
- Here are the top eight:
- Milk. It's high in potassium, which you start running low on if you're PEEING a lot. Plus milk is 90% water, so it helps keep you hydrated.
- Yogurt with granola. It lines the inside of your stomach, and your body takes six hours to digest it.
- Hummus. It lines your stomach like yogurt, and if you eat it with raw vegetables, the nutrients can help prevent a hangover.
- Salmon. It's high in B-12, and alcohol can cause a B-12 deficiency.
- Spaghetti. It'll absorb some of the alcohol, and the carbs will give you more energy.
- Grilled chicken sandwich. The protein takes a while to digest, which prevents you from getting drunk too quickly. And the carbs give you energy just like the spaghetti.
- Cereal. Especially if it's high-fiber, because it slows down the absorption of alcohol.
- Eggs. They've got a lot of protein, and amino acids that break down alcohol.