Psychological Tricks to Make You More Likeable
Scientists have pinpointed exactly what makes somebody "likeable." Now you can use this knowledge to trick people into liking you. Use this power responsibly.
Here are the tricks to use:
- When talking to somebody, copy their gestures and facial expressions.
- Spend more time with people you want to be friends with.
- Give out more compliments and people will associate those adjectives with your personality.
- Put your positive emotions on display. Your positivity will influence others around you to be in a good mood.
- Be competent and noncompetitive. People will feel as though they can trust you and will give you respect.
- Show your flaws every now and again.
- Focus more on shared views and attitudes.
- Tell secrets and keep secrets. Personal questions go a lot further than just small talk.
- Show a sense of humor. Being able to laugh at yourself goes a long way with others.
Read more at Business Insider.