Kill Pop Art Show Sunday at the Blue Cat: “Blood Orange Milkshake IPA”
I talked with Charlie Cole, head brewer at Blue Cat Brewing Company, who brought in a friend. Phil from Kill Pop Art Gallery in Davenport.
This Sunday, February 27, 2022, the Blue Cat is hosting an art festival. Kill Pop Art Gallery in Davenport will bring a ton of different pieces and they'll be tapping a Blood Orange Milkshake IPA for the event.
Since they're tapping that on Sunday, Charlie brought in a barrel aged, Juniper Gose called Papa's Tea from Bent River Brewing Co. Now, Charlie loves sours and he knows it's my least favorite style of beer so he likes to bring in great sours to get me to cross over. And this one certainly peaked my interest. It was aged in Gin barrels so it gave the beer a nice complexity. Not too sour. Not too sweet.
What's Tappening This Week
- 7 Days of Darkness tappings all week at Radicle Effect Brewerks
- Limited MRDC Barrel Aged Rye Rye, Cherry Sweetin and Quad City Quad at Twin Span Brewing
- Rojo Ho Red American Amber at Green Tree Brewery
- Warrior in a Garden New England Double IPA, Clea is Bad Imperial Brown Ale, and Motueka Blindspot Wheat at Rebels and Lions Brewing
- Blood Orange IPA at Crawford Brew Works
- The Naked Truth Hazy IPA at Contrary Brewing
- Liquid Vibes Hard Seltzer at Great Revivalist Brew Lab
- Top of the Muffin Blueberry Coffee Blonde at Five Cities Brewing
- Nightmare Logic West Coast Double IPA and Habanero'd Bad Decisions Porter at Stompbox Brewing
- Kings Harvest Kolsch and Winter Warmer American Porter at Blue Cat Brewing Co.
- Strawberry Shortcake Pastry Sour Bent River Brewing Company
- Field of Memes American IPA at Nerdspeak Brewery
- Red Headed X Red Ale at Radicle Effect Brewerks
- Love Bug Milk Stout and Hazed at Geneseo Brewing Co.
Join the club, the Quad Cities Beer Club
On the second Saturday each month, local craft beer fans get together at a local brewery, taphouse, or pub to support the local craft beer scene.
QCBC members get exclusive deals on beer during meetups, receive the coveted Beer Card from Crawford Brew Works good for $1 off EVERY PINT, EVERY DAY, get to take part in the six-pack mix-pack bottle share, a chance to win awesome swag from our partners, and access to discounted or FREE tickets to the best craft beer events.
Come make some new friends, sign up at CraftQC.com today!