Japanese Woman’s Fart Starts Fire During Surgery
There are plenty of valid reasons to be nervous before you have surgery. Here's a new one.
A woman in her 30s went in for an operation in Tokyo earlier this year, where a surgeon had to use a laser on her cervix. But she passed gas during the operation and it started a fire.
The laser came into contact with the gas, and that's what sparked it. Then the flames spread to the cloth that was draped over her body, and she ended up with burns on her waist and legs.
It's not clear how bad the burns were, and there haven't been any updates on her condition. There's also no word on whether she got burned inside her body too.
There weren't any other flammable materials in the operating room, and all the equipment they used was working properly. So the only thing that could have started the fire was her own gas.
Read more at The Strait Times.