Wienermobile To Join Drive-By Parade For Sick Quad City Girl’s 3rd Birthday
Hadley is a 2-year-old girl who is going to be celebrating her 3rd birthday this Saturday. Even though she's still very young, she's had a rough go of it already in life. Her extensive medical history includes being diagnosed with epilepsy, tibial torsion, asthma, and obstructive sleep apnea.
Hadley's aunt, Kati, gave us a brief overview of Hadley's battle thus-far:
- In these last 3 years Hadley has been diagnosed with tibial torsion, epilepsy, asthma, and obstructive sleep apnea.
- At 5 months old she was very ill and hospitalized for 7 days.
- She’s been to the University of Iowa, St Judes, OSF Children's Hospital and Shriners.
- She has digestive issues and had to get biopsies done of her stomach, esophagus and small intestine.
- She had multiple ear infections and had tubes put in.
- She had problems with her eyes and had to get a brain MRI to check for a tumor.
- She's had multiple bouts of RSV, Pneumonia and influenza A.
- She just recently had her tonsils and adenoids out and what was supposed to be routine surgery and quick overnight hospital stay turned into a 5 day hospital stay with severe dehydration at the children's hospital in Peoria.
- She has had some mild congestive heart failure and now having high blood pressure issues.
- She now has another neurologist in Rockford and has also been referred to an endocrinologist.
Kati organized what hopefully will be the biggest drive-by birthday parade yet. Kati was even able to enlist the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile to join in on the parade.
If you're interested in joining the parade, the information is on Facebook, but the group will meet up at the Ty Massey Softball Diamond in Colona at 4:30. Hopefully, this will make Hadley's day a little brighter during this tough time.