What You Need to Know Before Going to the John Deere Classic
Heading to the John Deere Classic at TPC Deere Run this week? Here's what you need to know before you go:
- Like many sporting events these days there is a security protocol. Expect to go through a security wanding before entering the course. In addition, the PGA, like the NCAA and the NFL, have a bag policy. Ladies purses must be less than 6" x 6" x 6" and bags must be clear and less than 12" x 6" x 12". You can learn more about the PGA bag policy here.
- The PGA has updated their mobile device policy. You can use your phone to capture video, audio and photos in all areas throughout the week. These are for personal use, you can't use them commercially. Texting is permitted throughout the event, however, phone calls should be conducted in designated area only. And don't use your flash. Complete details regarding the mobile device policy can be found on the back of your ticket!
- Certain items are prohibited. Don't bring weapons or firearms. Plan on leaving the camera home between Thursday-Sunday. No posters, banners or signs. And finally, no coolers. A full list of prohibited items is here.
- Most players are happy to sign autographs before the tournament gets under way. That means the best days to get autographs is Monday through Wednesday. The best place to get autographs are the practice tees or as the players walk from the green to the next tee on practice and Pro-Am days.
- Plan your visit. Find out when your favorite player will tee off here. Decide whether you're going to watch parade style, or if you're going to follow your favorite players through the course. Arrive early. Dress appropriately for the weather and of course wear comfortable foot wear.
More tips about how to make the most of your experience at the John Deere Classic can be found here. Have fun!