Top Ten Signs That You’re a Good Cook
A new survey asked people to name the top signs someone's a good cook, other than the obvious one that their food tastes good.
The full list has 50 things on it, and they're not ranked. So here are the ten I think are the biggest signs you know what you're doing in the kitchen:
- You cook things from scratch.
- You can whip something up using random stuff, even if you're low on groceries.
- You can cook multiple things at once, and get them all done at the same time.
- You know which herbs and spices go well together.
- You can finely chop things fast, but safely.
- You know how to poach an egg.
- You can guess the ingredients just by tasting something.
- You can cook a steak perfectly without cutting into it to see if it's done.
- You experiment with different recipes and add your own twist.
- You can cook complicated meals without following a recipe.