Too Old to Exercise? Here Are Some Leisurely Ways to Burn Calories
I can't wait to hit the age where it's socially acceptable for me to do "old people exercises" like chair aerobics. A survey found the point in everyone's life when they start to feel "too old" to work out, that's at age 41.
Chair aerobics here I come!
If you're looking to lose some weight in the new year without doing anything too grueling, here are some things to try. Each of these activities will burn more than 200 calories in under an hour and won't make you sweat too hard:
- Going for a leisurely walk: 204 calories burned per hour.
- Bowling: 219 calories burned per hour.
- Casual bike ride: 292 calories burned per hour.
- Golfing and carrying clubs: 314 calories burned per hour.
- Casual downhill skiing or snowboarding: 314 calories burned per hour.
- Ice skating: 511 calories an hour.