Tips to Be Healthier While Watching Football
Whether it be at home, tailgating, or at a bar, watching football tends to come with a lot of extra calories. There's always food around and it's not usually healthy.
Here are six tips you should follow to make you football-watching experience a bit healthier:
- Eat something healthy before the game starts to curb your appetite during the game. Having healthy options available while watching is a good plan too.
- Wear a belt. It helps you feel full faster, so you might not eat as much.
- Alternate between beer and water. It'll help cut calories, keep you feeling full, and keep you hydrated.
- If you're with friends, try to keep the conversation going. The more you talk, the more distracted you'll be, and the less you'll eat.
- Go for a walk at halftime, or throw a football around. You'll burn a few calories and get some exercise in.
- Plan to stop eating at a specific point in the game, like after halftime. If you need to drive, having a cut-off point for alcohol is a good idea too.