Three Out of Four People Will Fake Reactions to Bad Gifts
Apparently all of us have the remarkable ability to channel our inner Meryl Streep when we get a bad present.
According to a new survey, 73% of us regularly fake our reaction to bad presents. Only one out of 10 people will actually admit they don't like a gift.
Here are some more results from the survey that will make you question every present you've ever given:
- The average person figures out whether they like a gift or not within five seconds.
- Moms are twice as likely to give bad presents compared to dads, but the overwhelming pick for the worst gift giver is your significant other.
- 20% have gotten into an argument with their partner over a bad present and 11% of people have almost broken up over it.
- Three out of 10 people hide their disappointment with a bad gift by hugging the person who gave it to them long enough to avoid any awkwardness.
- Only 37% of people have been able to tell that someone was disappointed with a present they gave them.
Read more at BusinessWire.