The Six Signs You’re Not Ready to Move in Together
Once you've been dating for a little while, it's tempting to move in together to get that sweet 50% rent reduction. But there are some signs you might not be ready to move in together.
- You haven't had your first big fight yet. Until you have a real argument, it's hard to tell how solid you are. Some relationships crumble after the first big fight.
- You haven't talked about money. Ideally, you want to talk about bills and debt. Being transparent about stuff like that is a sign of a mature relationship.
- You're using it as a way to test the strength of your relationship. Living together will test your relationship. Try to be sure it's strong enough going in.
- You think it will fix things about your relationship. Some people do it on impulse as a way to solidify the relationship. It's not a great idea for the same reason having a baby to save a marriage isn't a great idea.
- You feel like the other person is pressuring you to do it. If they want to shack up but you don't, that's not good enough. It needs to be a decision you're both on board with.
- There's another roommate involved and they're not crazy about the idea. If you live with your friend, and want your boyfriend to move in too. Just make sure your roommate is part of the discussion, don't try to force it.
Read more at Huffington Post.