Survey Says: 44% of Parents Will Eat More Candy Than Their Kids
Listen kids, your parents do a lot for you. Keep that in mind when they play tax collector and raid part of your Halloween candy.
A new survey found that 86% of parents have secretly stolen some of their kids' Halloween candy, and the other 14% are lying. On average, parents will take up to a quarter of their child's stash.
44% of parents expect to eat more candy than their kids do this year. That includes what they steal and any leftover candy that doesn't get handed out to trick-or-treaters.
Here are some more stats from the survey:
- 40% of people say they enjoy Halloween as adults more than they did as kids.
- 58% of adults try to limit how much candy they eat on Halloween night. 75% of parents will limit the amount of candy their kids eat.
- 73% of us intentionally buy more candy than we need for trick-or-treaters, just to make sure there's plenty left over.