Subtle Signs Your Kid Needs Glasses
If you want your kid to do well in school, a good first step is to make sure they can actually see the blackboard. With the new school year starting up, here are some not-so-obvious signs your kid might need glasses.
- They avoid books or claim they don't like to read. Maybe it's true, or maybe it's just harder than it should be, because the words are blurry.
- It seems like their attention span has gotten shorter. Yes, the two might be linked. Kids have even been diagnosed with ADHD when they really just needed glasses.
- Their hand-eye coordination seems like it's lacking. For example, they might have a tough time catching a ball, or tying their shoes.
- They sit really close to the TV, because maybe they have to.
- They blink or rub their eyes a lot. It could be allergies. But it could also be a sign they're straining their eyes to see.
- Guiding their eyes with their finger when they read. It's not always a sign they need glasses, but it could be.
- Falling grades. If they start doing worse in school and you can't figure out why, think about getting their eyes checked.
Read more at PR Newswire.