Strang Things Employees Have Gotten Instead of a Raise
According to a new survey, two-thirds of us would leave our job if we didn't feel appreciated. That's up 15% from five years ago. More money is the number one way we want to be rewarded with more vacation days was a close second.
Speaking of not feeling appreciated, here are some things people said they've gotten instead of a raise:
- An expired gift certificate.
- A large carving of a polar bear.
- A foam tombstone.
- A golden key to an executive bathroom that didn't exist.
- A small, custom-made statue that looked like the employee.
- A plaque that had a spelling error on it.
- Fresh meat from a hunting trip.
- A jacket that wasn't even close to the right size.
- Coupons for the grocery store.
Read more at PR Newswire.