Quad City Storm Raised Over $20k For Veterans
It was a GREAT weekend for Quad Cities hockey as the Storm continued their winning streak through the weekend, defeating both the Peoria Rivermen 4-3 and the Evansville Thunderbolts 4-1.
On Friday, two last minute penalties helped secure a 5 on 3 power play with only 12 seconds left in the game. After winning the faceoff, the Storm got a shot on net and forward Tommy Stang was able to put the rebond in the net with only six seconds remaining, breaking the tie game, squeaking out a 4-3 win.
On Saturday night, the Storm took on the Evansville Thunderbolts on Salute to Military Night. The Storm extended their franchise record winning streak to eight, on top of ice that was painted with names of veterans in the Quad Cities. A 4-1 victory was the result thanks to goals from David Brancik, Filip Virgilli, Tommy Stang, and Marcus Ortiz.
After the game, the Storm teamed up with TBK Bank for a live auction jersey of the limited edition red, white, and blue jerseys worn by the team.
The total funds raised in the auction for the Quad City Veterans Outreach Center reached $21,325.
This weekend, the Storm hit the road to take on the Birmingham Bulls and the Pensacola Ice Flyers.
Upcoming Home Games:
- November 26th: Black Friday presented by Sweet Tooth Snacks
- November 27th: $1 Beer Night
- December 3rd: #ColdWarOn74 versus the Peoria Rivermen
- December 4th: College Night
- December 10th: Ag Night
- December 11th: 80’s Ugly Sweater Night presented by Vintage Radio
- December 12th: Pucks and Paws Day: Puppy Pictures with Santa
- December 17th: Radar’s Birthday presented by The Boys and Girls Club, Group O and IHMVCU
Get your tickets from TicketMaster or the TaxSlayer Center box office.