Punk Rock Flea Market is Sunday in The Village of East Davenport
"Your favorite weirdos are taking over The Village of East Davenport. This Flea Market is NOT for the faint of heart!"
That's the headline that grabbed my attention. I reached out to the organizer of the Guerilla FleaZilla Punk Rock Flea Market, Tara Colby Bebber to learn more about the event happening in the Village of East Davenport this Sunday, May 16, 2021 from 9am-3pm
Here's a (partial) list of vendors:
- Death Stitch-Clothing
- Curb Gremlin
- Jeff Lassiter Art- stickers
- Chris Franklin- Beard balms and grooming products
- Lilith St. Scream- collectibles and Burlesque costuming
- Desiree Border- handmade jewelry
- Nikki Atwell- collectibles
- Nikki Piccolet- hand poured candles and smudge sticks
- Glen Lowry- guerrilla/outsider art
- Olivia Carrow-tarot card reading
- Jeff O’Neill - Monster Fest, collectibles
- Ann Colby- collectibles, antique Autopsy photographs
- Suzon- art glass, repurposed items. (Some include vintage “adult film” photos)
- Tara Colby Bebber- mid century modern, old movie posters, cool junk, picks from Danielle Colby - American Pickers
We will also have the Free Mom Hugs group on site. They will not be handing out hugs because of Covid but will be there supporting the LGBTQ+ community as they do so well.
There will be adult beverages? Any specific bar that's onsite? Specialty cocktails?
There is a full bar from Matt Moody and The Village Theater and a DJ on site.
Anything in particular you're looking forward to people seeing?
I’m looking forward to seeing all of the vendors and what they will be creating and bringing along. There is so much artistic ability in the QC and it’s time to show it off. The outsider artists and the creative bee hive have always been here. They just need an outlet and an audience!! Beyond that, I’m looking forward to the people who are going to appreciate the art and the collections and let their freak flags fly with us!!
Masks are required and we have sanitization stations as well. There will be a tent outside for shoppers to enjoy cocktails at if they prefer not to be unmasked while drinking inside.
We also encourage shoppers to grab a bite to eat from The Village Corner Deli, Brew, Grumpy’s, or Bayside Bistro.
There are so many places to shop and eat in The Village. I’d love to help revive the historic Village Of East Davenport and return it to its former glory.