My Favorite Grammy “Bone-Jobs”
I was reading something today and was reminded of one particular Grammy travesty from the past. The best new artist in 1970 went to Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, which by itself would not be so bad, but when you consider they beat out Chicago and Led Zeppelin for the award, it becomes a joke. So I started reminiscing about some of the other great Grammy mistakes over the years, and I put together a short list just to provide some extra comic relief for your day.
5. Ricki Lee Jones beats Dire Straits for Best New Artist - 1980
4. Debby Boone beats Foreigner for Best New Artist - 1978
3. Starland Vocal Band beats Boston for Best New Artist - 1977
2. Jethro Tull beats Metallica for Best Hard Rock/Metal Performance - 1989
... and of course ...
1. Milli Vanilli beating ANYBODY for Best New Artist in 1990.
And this is just the beginning ....