McDonald’s Has a New Chocolate Shamrock Shake This Year
People already tend to go a little crazy for McDonald's Shamrock Shake, especially considering it's really just a vanilla shake with a little radioactive green mint flavoring added. So this news is going to make heads explode.
This year, McDonald's won't just be selling the standard Shamrock Shake, they're also doing a chocolate Shamrock Shake.
They make it by filling the bottom half of the cup with chocolate milkshake and the top half with the shamrock. Then they put whipped cream, green sugar crystals, and a little chocolate syrup on top.
Some McDonald's locations are already starting to get the Shamrock Shakes in stock, a solid six-plus weeks before St. Patrick's Day. You can check out ShamrockShake.com to find out where you can get them.
The new Shamrock menu features:
- Original Shamrock Shake – Vanilla soft serve blended with mint syrup. New this year they're adding green sugar crystals.
- Chocolate Shamrock Shake – Chocolate shake on the bottom, Shamrock shake on top.
- Shamrock Chocolate Chip Frappe – Chocolate Chip Frappe blended with Shamrock Shake syrup.
- Shamrock Hot Chocolate – Hot chocolate with Shamrock syrup.
- Shamrock Mocha – Mocha with Shamrock syrup.