Man Accidentally Sets Apartment on Fire Trying to Get Rid of Squirrel
A Washington D.C. resident has burned a large part of his three story apartment building during an attempt to remove a squirrel in his attic.
Wednesday morning the resident was trying to drive off the squirrel with a lit incense stick, which was working until the squirrel knocked the tip of the stick off, immediately catching his attic on fire. The rest of the building wasn't alerted as soon as they could've been, as the resident's smoke alarm was disabled because it kept going off while they were cooking.
Firefighters were able to get the situation under control and no injuries were reported, but some residents were displaced by the fire.
There were no sightings of the squirrels, so one can assume there's a precooked meal for someone somewhere in that building.
Read more at WTOP