Iowa Park Listed In Top 10 of America’s Natural Landmarks [PHOTOS]
According to Iowa's News Now, a popular Iowa state park made the Top 10 of a new list of the nation's "favorite natural attractions", and on a list of 250 possible choices, several other Iowa spots made the list.
The travel website Aqua Expeditions, a recognized global leader in luxury small-ship expeditions took the survey, asking 2,100 Americans to name their favorites, and at #8 was McGregor's Pike's Peak!
It's been a long time since I've been to Pike's Peak State Park in McGregor, but I think I need to go back because look how beautiful it is.
As for the rest of the Top 10:
- Tennessee’s Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- New York’s Niagara Falls
- Missouri’s Elephant Rocks
- Wyoming’s Yellowstone National Park
- California’s Redwood National and State Parks
- Hawaii’s Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park
- Hawaii’s Hanauma Bay
- Iowa's Pikes Peak State Park
- Arizona's The Grand Canyon
- Hawaii's Waikiki Beach
Here's where the rest of the Iowa locations ranked:
- #8 Pikes Peak State Park
- #109 Effigy Mounds National Monument
- #110 Laura Ingalls Wilder Park
- #111 Maquoketa Caves State Park
- #218 Ledges State Park
If you need a vacation, these photos and lists should give you plenty of options close to home. If you need the cash to take the trip, we have you covered there too! Download our free app today to start listening for codes and entering them to win up to $30,000 beginning Monday, September 19.