Donate These Supplies to Make Your Teacher’s School Year Easier
The new school year is coming up. Not every parent can afford all the supplies their kids need and, sadly, teachers end up footing the bill for a lot of stuff.
RetailMeNot talked to a bunch of teachers and asked which things they need most. If you're doing your back-to-school shopping and want to buy a little extra, here are the top things teachers need donated:
- Pens and pencils. Pre-sharpened are the best.
- Notebooks and folders. Ideally, without any designs on them.
- Erasers. The kind you stick on the end of a pencil after the original eraser gets worn out.
- Crayons. A box of 24 is perfect for teachers in kindergarten through the 3rd grade.
- Glue sticks.
- Dry-erase markers. Teachers go through a lot of them.
- Kleenex and antibacterial wipes. Schools don't always buy enough.
- Red pens. Teachers go through a ton of them grading papers.