Apple Unveils Most Popular Apps of 2019
Apple revealed the top apps of 2019 of every category, for every device. The Senior Vice President of Worldwide Marketing. “Developers around the world inspire us all with innovative apps that have the power to influence culture and change our lives, and this year that is as true as ever. The 2019 App Store Best Apps and Games winners reflect our global desire for connection, creativity and fun. We are excited to announce such a diverse group of 2019 App Store winners, showing that great design and creativity comes from developers large and small, and from every corner of the world. We congratulate all the winners and thank them for making 2019 the best year yet for the App Store.”
App of the Year
- iPhone: Spectre Camera (Lux Optics) uses AI, making it easy to take long exposure photos.
- iPad: Flow by Moleskine allows users to write in a digital notebook, with the writing tools feeling as close to the real thing.
- Mac: Affinity Publisher makes pro-level design able to be done by anyone.
- Apple TV: The Explorers Network is a visual inventory of the natural world through photo and video
Game of the Year
- iPhone: "Sky: Children of the Light" has beautiful landscapes, where you help "celestial beings find their way back to the heavens"
- iPad: "Hyper Light Drifter" is a 16-bit survival game.
- Mac: "GRIS" is jam packed with digital artwork and explores grief, and hope.
- Apple TV: "Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap" is a reboot of the popular 80's game you apparently play on your TV remote.
Read more at Apple