Americans Are Fans of The Dad Bod, So Get Yours Ready For Summer 2022
With summer 2022, you might be feeling a little self concious about that winter weight you might've tacked on, and for some of us, that Lockdown 20 turned into a Lockdown 35-40 pretty quick. I'm telling you now, that you have nothing to worry about.
Advanced Dermatology threw together a little survey for Americans to show off how they feel about Dad Bods. You know, when maybe you drink a little too much beer, eat a little too much Taco Bell, and you aren't as up to going running as you used to be.
Here's what they found:
- 60% of people like dad bods
- 70% of men are cool with having dad bods
- 47% prefer a man with a dad bod over muscles
Here's the kicker:
61% think dad bods are attractive, and 41% think they're sexy.
If you're still not convinced your Summer 2022 bod is ready, Planet Fitness has put together a survey every year since 2017, tracking what people's feelings on the 'Dad Bod' are.
Planet Fitness is known as the 'Judgment Free Zone' with their whole Lunk Alarm thing and all, which is good, because most of us who hold a membership there are the type who would probably be judged at other places.
In 2017, the first year of the study, the results showed that 69% of women found Dad Bods attractive.
That number has climbed steadily, with this year boasting the highest results.
This year, those numbers come out to an even 70%, or 7 in 10. So if you've had a few too many beers or burgers and have what I call 'The Six Pack (o' beer),' any room of women you walk into will at least have a couple ladies looking at you lustfully.
In addition to the attractiveness of the Dad Bod, dad's reportedly feel like they're better dads because of the pandemic.
88% of dads said they feel they've become better parents, and feel that their relationships with their kids and spouses have only gotten stronger in the last year.
Some other fun facts about Dad Bods:
- 72% of women and 68% of men responding to the survey said they feel like there's definitely a universal acceptance of the body type.
- Four out of Five women said they feel like Dad Bods are a sign of a man who is confident in his own skin.
- 65% of women define Dad Bods as 'Sexy.'
- 59% of women said they'd rather be with a Dad Bod than someone more muscular
- 48% of women say the Dad Bod is the new six-pack.