You Should Take These Things Out of Your Wallet
According to this article, if you have anything in your wallet right now, you should take it out. Actually, you should probably just leave it at home.
Business Insider posted a list of things you shouldn't keep in your wallet or purse. See how many you're carrying around right now:
- A list of passwords. This one makes a lot of sense, if you're going to write down all your passwords you should keep it hidden in your home.
- Identifying documents. The only identifying document you should carry is your driver's license. Only carrying your social security card or passport if you're traveling.
- Your debit card or a bunch of cash. If a thief gets access to your bank account through a debit card, there's no way to get that money back. Same with cash.
- Gift cards. Keep these on you when you're headed to the store they belong to.
- Membership and loyalty cards. Same as gift cards, only take them when you're going to a specific store. About the worst that could happen is that a thief could drain your reward points.
- Old receipts. These leave a paper trail of places you shop. Fraudulent purchases at those stores would be less likely to be declined.