We’d Pay a Lot to Avoid These Things We Hate About the Holidays
How much would you pay to avoid all the stressful stuff about the holidays? According to a new survey by Yelp, there are 10 things that stress us out this time of year. Here's how much we'd pay to have someone else deal with them:
- $143 to have someone put up all our decorations, inside and outside.
- $128 to have all the decorations taken down.
- $121 to have all your holiday shopping done for you.
- $96 to have all your gifts perfectly wrapped for everyone.
- $134 on top of what we're planning to spend on the actual gift to guarantee your significant other will love their present.
- $146 to have your entire holiday meal taken care of. That includes buying the food, cooking everything, and doing the dishes.
- $108 to make sure the turkey was perfect.
- $152 to guarantee no one at dinner argued about politics.
- $158 to completely avoid your in-laws this year.
- $259 to find our Christmas spirit again, and really enjoy the holidays like when we were kids.
If you add it all up, that's $1,445 worth of holiday stress.
Read more at New York Post.