The Top Lifestyle Changes You Should Make Before 40
40 is just a number. It's also the age when your bad habits can start to catch up to you. Your risk skyrockets for things like high blood pressure, high cholesterol, obesity, and diabetes.
Here are the top five lifestyle changes you should try to make before you hit 40:
- Quit smoking. It takes the average smoker between 7 and 10 tries to actually quit. So keep trying and don't get discouraged.
- Stop pigging out. Portion control becomes more important as you get older. Your metabolism slows down, and it's a lot easier to gain weight.
- Start exercising. Getting 30 to 45 minutes of exercise a day is one of the best things you can do for your heart. Just make sure your workout includes a warmup and a cool-down.
- Figure out how to manage your stress. Too much of it is bad for you in more ways than one. It's impossible to avoid, so you just have to find a way to deal with it.
- Stop isolating yourself. People who keep socializing tend to live longer. If you're lonely or isolated, you're about 30% more likely to develop heart issues.
Read more at Net Doctor.