The Things Kids Will Miss Growing Up in the Netflix Era
Remember the good old days before Netflix and other streaming services? Back when you had to make a mad dash to the bathroom during commercial breaks.
At the risk of sounding like a crotchety old man, kids these days just don't know the struggle of growing up without media on demand. A viral tweet set off a bunch of responses about what children are missing out on:
Here's what some other people came up with:
- Getting up during a commercial and someone would steal your seat or take the remote.
- Finding a blank tape minutes before a show that needed to be recorded came on.
- Getting your friends on a three-way call to watch an episode together.
- Missing one episode and never seeing it again.
- Flipping channels but timing it to get back to the correct channel as the commercial break ended.
- Cooking your food so that it was done before commercials were over.
- Watching the TV Guide channel to find the listing for the show you wanted.