The Riskiest Resumé Lies That Can Cost You a Job
Should you lie or stretch the truth on your resumé to land a job? According to a new survey of HR professionals, it's risky. Almost all of them said that if they discovered a lie on someone's resumé, even if it was about something minor, they probably wouldn't hire them.
Some lies are worse than others, the most serious thing you can lie about is your education. It's even worse than lying about your criminal record. Here are the top resumé lies that can ruin your chances of landing a job:
- Lying about a degree you didn't really attain.
- Lying about your criminal record.
- Lying about a certification or job-related license you don't really have.
- Lying about your work experience.
- Lying about technical skills, or claiming you're proficient in programs you've never used.