The “R.I.S.E. U.P.” Method Will Make You into a Morning Person
According to a sleep expert, there's a six-step process called the "R.I.S.E. U.P." method that can help you wake up in the morning. It's an acronym where each letter stands for a different step.
So yeah, it might actually make it harder to get up, since you have to remember six different things. Good luck with that.
Here's what each letter in "R.I.S.E. U.P." stands for:
- "R" means Refrain from hitting the snooze button.
- "I" stands for Increase your activity in the first hour. Meaning exercise right after you wake up, or just do something small like a quick walk.
- "S" stands for Shower.
- "E" stands for Expose yourself to sunlight.
- "U" is so you listen to "Upbeat" music.
- "P" stands for Phone a friend, because talking to someone forces you to be more alert. But who wants to talk in the morning?