The Best Ways To Settle In To A New Neighborhood
When you move to a new neighborhood, you probably want to get to know your neighbors and really feel like a part of the community. You want that, but they might not. Here's a few tips that can help.
A new survey found the ten best things you can do to settle into a new neighborhood. Check 'em out:
- Always say "hello" to your neighbors.
- Visit the local restaurants and bars.
- Accept packages for your next-door neighbors.
- Make an effort to have conversations with people on your street.
- Invite people over for coffee.
- Volunteer for a community project.
- Invite your neighbor over for dinner.
- Offer to keep an eye on your neighbor's house while they're away.
- Go to events at the school.
- Get a dog.
The survey also found the top ten signs that your effort worked and you've actually become a part of the community. Here's how you know you fit in:
- You bump into someone you know every time you go out.
- You get Christmas cards from your neighbors.
- You become a regular at one of the local restaurants or bars.
- At least 20 people know your name.
- You know all the streets and parks.
- Your kids start going to the schools.
- Your neighbors start telling you secrets.
- Your neighbors give you a key to their house.
- You get invited to someone's house for coffee.
- You know the mailman's name.
Read more at Daily Mail.