Irish Newspaper Publishes List of American Foods They Would “Never Eat”
There's a cliché that there's no such thing as American food. This list proves that's not true and our food is great.
An Irish newspaper just put together a list of American foods "that we would never eat." Here are 10 of their picks, with their misguided justifications:
- Pumpkin pie – "In Ireland, pumpkins are purely for aesthetic use."
- Pastrami sandwiches – "Too much [meat] for one sandwich."
- Sloppy Joes – "What the hell [is] a Sloppy Joe?"
- Spreadable and Spray cheese – "What kind of sandwich requires spreadable cheese over sliced cheese?"
- Tater tots – "If they were anything special, we'd have them here by now."
- Sno cones – "Ridiculously sweet."
- Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches – "They would never become a staple in Ireland the way that they have in the U.S."
- Deep dish pizza – "Why are the ingredients upside down?"
- Kool Aid – "Making a drink from powder adds an annoying step with little pay off."
- Root beer – "This tastes exactly like cough medicine."
Read more at The Daily Edge.