Half of People Have Lied About Their Relationship Status on Social Media
Breaking news: People lie on social media. A new survey found 54% of people have lied about their relationship status on Facebook and other social media sites.
Three-quarters of them said they were single when they weren't, and the other quarter said they were in a relationship when they were actually single.
Here are the reasons why people lied about being single:
- They still wanted other people to find them desirable, whether for an ego boost or to line things up for the future.
- They were looking for an affair.
- They were embarrassed by their relationship.
- They didn't think things were serious enough to broadcast it yet.
- They wanted to keep their life private.
The survey also found only 29% of people who were in a relationship with someone claiming they were single realized that was happening.
Read more at Female First.