Cheap Beer Makes Guys Seem Honest and Women Seem Low Maintenance
The people around you are making snap judgments when you order something at the bar. It's not just about what level of alcoholic you are.
A new survey found 34% of us judge strangers based on their drink order. 61% think your drink reveals something about your personality. Here are six drinks and what people think about you when you order them:
- If you want to seem approachable, order a domestic beer. 59% said ordering a Budweiser makes guys seem honest and authentic. 70% said it makes women seem friendly and low maintenance.
- If you want to seem serious, order wine. 52% said it makes guys seem serious and reserved. 31% said it makes women seem cautious and predictable.
- If you want to seem sophisticated, order champagne. 41% said it also makes guys seem demanding. 57% said it makes women seem like they're high-maintenance with expensive taste.
- If you want to seem fun, order a margarita. 50% said it makes women seem energetic and outgoing. 41% said it makes guys seem "fun-loving."
- If you want to seem trendy, order a cosmo. 48% said women who order one seem trendy and fashionable. 40% said it makes guys seem "fancy," but also not very "manly."
- If you want to seem analytical, order a gin and tonic. 30% said it makes guys seem analytical and calculating. After wine, it was the second most "serious" drink for women to order.
Also, 20% of people admit they sometimes worry what their friends will think about their drink order, 34% worry about it on a date, and 39% worry about it at a work function.
Read more at St. Louis Post-Dispatch.