Burning Spider Blamed For Causing Apartment Fire
Fire crews in Redding, California responded to an apartment fire on Sunday that took them twenty minutes to extinguish. The cause of that fire? A burning spider.
One of the residents used a torch lighter to set a "huge wolf spider" ablaze. The flaming arachnid then crawled in a mattress, which then spread the fire to the drapes and a collection of flags.
Firefighters were able to keep the blaze from spreading to the neighboring apartments but the unit was left uninhabitable. They estimate that $11,000 worth of damage was caused.
It's worth noting that wolf spiders are non-venomous and will probably run from you before attacking.
Read more at Redding Record Searchlight.