Advent Calendars That Break The Norm
Advent calendars came about in the 19th century as a way to count down the days leading up to Christmas. They started as lighting candles or making chalk marks on doors.
The actual calendars would feature little doors that hid Bible verses, chocolate, or religious images behind them for each day. But it's 2017 and the Advent calendar game has changed.
Here are some different ways to count the days till Christmas:
- Craft Beer Advent Calendar – Great for beer drinkers looking to expand their flavor palette. This box lets you fill each day with whatever beer you want.
- Fly Fishing Advent Calendar – Each day reveals a hand-tied freshwater fly, for the fisher in your life.
- Whiskey Advent Calendar – This calendar comes with "24 of the most thrilling whiskies known to humankind" and will have hair on your chest before the 25th.
- Mrs. Prindable's Christmas Advent Calendar – This is more like your traditional calendar, but features deluxe sweets.
- LEGO Advent Calendar – Kids (and adults) will love getting a new kit to piece together each day.
- Dog Treat Advent Calendar – Don't forget your four-legged friend.
- 12 Days of Christmas – This one won't last as long, but you get some fancy and festive bathroom goodies.
- Tea Time Advent Calendar – Booze and sweets not your thing? This calendar features worldly teas to sip each day.
- Sock Advent Calendar – Treat your feet, each day has a pair of high-end stockings.
Read more at Mother Nature Network.