Tips for Hosting a Stress-Free Thanksgiving
If you're hosting Thanksgiving next week, here are some tips to keep it as stress-free as possible.
- Go to the grocery store now. The closer it gets to Thanksgiving, the crazier the grocery store will be. Make a list this weekend and get the shopping done.
- Clean your kitchen. It'll be easier to keep everything organized if you start off with a clean kitchen. This would be a good time to clean out and organize your fridge as well.
- Delegate. It's okay to ask for help and delegate responsibilities, like making the kids set the table or wash dishes, and making guys peel potatoes while they watch football.
- Stick to the classics. You don't need to reinvent the wheel when it comes to dinner; turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and cranberry sauce should keep everyone happy.
If you want to try some new wines or an unusual side dish, great. If you want to add ham or a beef roast to the party, terrific. But people are expecting the "Greatest Hits".
- Order in. You don't want to be worrying about cooking and washing dishes the night before Thanksgiving. So order a pizza and relax before the big day.
Read more at Bon Appétit.