Things That You Should Save to Give to Your Kids
We save a lot of junk these days, to the point you need storage units to hold it all. Some things are worth saving, especially stuff you might want to give your kids someday.
- Here are six things you should hang onto:
- Something with a date on it. Like a ticket stub from a movie or a baseball game. It could be from something you did or something you did together.
- Your old passport. Anything meaningful from when you were younger, like your high-school diploma or your first driver's license will work too.
- Actual baby photos of them. Don't just keep digital copies of everything. They also might be interested in old baby photos of you, so make sure you hang onto those as well.
- An old report card. You should try to save at least some of their artwork from when they were young as well.
- Something sentimental to pass down. It doesn't have to be anything valuable like your wedding ring, just something that has a story behind it.
- Their first pet's nametag. It's another thing you can just toss in a shoebox and forget about, but it might be cool to find 20 years later.
Read more at Huffington Post.