These Are The Skills That Modern Men Are Losing
It's not exactly breaking news to say that men today aren't as manly as their fathers and grandfathers. But how about some stats to prove it anyway?
A new survey asked guys in their 20s and 60s about different "manly" skills. Here are the ones that are going extinct:
- Shining your shoes. Older men are 38% more likely to know how to do that.
- Fixing a leaky faucet, 35%.
- Changing the oil in your car, 19%.
- Changing a diaper, 18%.
- Filleting a fish, 15%.
- Growing and maintaining a nice beard, 12%.
- Throwing or hitting a curveball, 6%.
There are two skills where younger men had an edge. Young guys are 11% more likely to know how to cut their own hair and 2% more likely to be able to make fire without matches. That surprises me. Did anyone tell them lighters don't count?
Read more at PR Newswire.