The Average Person Has $22 Cash on Them
According to a new study, the average American has $22 cash on them right now. Here are a few more results from the study.
- About one in five people carry more than $100.
- 5% of people have a $100 bill on them right now.
- Of those people with a $100 bill, about 75% will NOT spend it today.
- People use cash most often, followed by credit and debit cards, and then checks.
- Overall, there's about $1.2 trillion in cash in circulation.
Read more at Business Week.