Should You Give Your Boss a Christmas Gift?
We're approaching the point in the year where you have to debate whether or not to get your boss a Christmas present. It all comes down to one thing: Will they hold it against you if you don't?
Let's put the decision in someone else's hands. According to a new survey, 58% of people say yes, you should get your boss a gift as long as you have a good working relationship.
22% say you shouldn't give a gift because it'll look like you're sucking up and 20% say you shouldn't give one because it's inappropriate.
The survey also found that 63% of people think bosses should give gifts to their employees.
If you do decide to get your boss a gift, the average person thinks you should spend around $20. And they think your boss should spend $24 on you.
The survey also revealed some of the most inappropriate gifts given:
- A department head who gave employees a picture in a frame of himself.
- An employee gave a re-gifted gift that the manager had given the year before.
- A big order of frozen pork.
- A lavish gift. Something that was very valuable because of favoritism.
- A mug with a satirical phrase on it, used to make fun of someone.
- A wig.
- A $700 gift card.
- A dozen roses.
- Cash was given discriminately in different amounts to different employees.
Read more at PR Newswire.