Popeyes Chicken is Coming to the Quad Cities, What Else Are We Missing?
Finally, after years and years of begging and nagging, Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen is coming to Davenport! That's great and all, but what else do we need to get in the QCA?
Rick Wali owns the Popeyes in Peoria, IL and is looking to expand his franchise to the Quad Cities. More specifically in the old K's Merchandise on Kimberly Road in Davenport. "We have a lot of fans out there," Wali told the QC Times. "We just submitted drawings to the city last week. We're in the process of getting permits secure. And once everything is done, we plan to start construction in April."
If all goes well, the restaurant will open in August of this year. Wali and his wife Susan are also eyeing a location on John Deere Road in Moline for a possible second Popeyes in the QCA.
Popeyes is delicious and all, but there is one about an hour and a half away in Cedar Rapids. There are plenty of other restaurants that we NEED in the Quad Citites.
- My top three are:
- White Castle – The closest is in DeKalb, IL
- Giordano's Pizzeria – The closest is in Rockford, IL
- Ruth's Chris Steak House – The closest is just outside of Chicago, IL
Here's what listeners think we need in the QCA and where the closest location is for each restaurant:
- Church's Chicken – Peoria, IL
- Joe's Crab Shack – Peoria, IL
- Trader Joe's – Chicago, IL
- Cattlemen's Steakhouse – Tulsa, OK
- Portillo's Hot Dogs – Rockford, IL
- P.F. Chang's – Des Moines, IA
- Smokey Bones Bar and Grill – Chicago, IL
- The Cheesecake Factory – Chicago, IL
- Boston Market – Geneva, IL
- Five Guys Burgers and Fries – Peoria, IL
- Smashburger – Peoria, IL
- Del Taco – Chicago, IL
- Dave & Buster's – Chicago, IL
- Firehouse Subs – Cedar Rapids, IA
- Tilted Kilt – Peoria, IL
- Max & Erma's Restaurant – Chicago, IL
- Rain Forest Cafe – Chicago, IL
- Romano's Macaroni Grill – Chicago, IL
- Wienerschnitzel – Champaign, IL
- Zombie Burger + Drink Lab – Des Moines, IA
- Cici's Pizza – Dubuque, IA
- Bonanza Steakhouse – Cedar Rapids
- Krispy Kreme – Normal, IL
- Jethro's BBQ – Des Moines, IA
- Carrabba's Italian Grill – Chicago, IL