Middle School Students Sent to Hospital After Eating Ghost Peppers
Forty students at Milton-Union Middle School in West Milton, Ohio had to be treated by medics after ingesting ghost peppers during lunch.
A student had brought the pepper to school last Friday and started handing them out. Emergency crews responded after many of the students began showing symptoms like blotchy skin, hives, tearing of eyes, sweating and general discomfort.
Five kids were taken to local hospitals. Eighth grader Cody Schmidt admits that he didn't know the student that gave him the pepper and says it was "really hot."
He became nervous when students around him started having allergic reactions to the peppers. One boy broke out in a rash and had trouble seeing, two others were vomiting.
The student who brought the peppers has been identified but school officials have not stated if they will face discipline.
Read more at WHIO.