At a Livonia Outback Steakhouse, a 12-year-old boy was mistakenly served a strawberry daiquiri laced with rum, leaving him feeling... unwell.

Livonia, Michigan

Getty Images/iStockphoto
Getty Images/iStockphoto

Read More: Popular Chain Closes 41 Restaurants With Locations In Illinois

Kid Accidently Gets Drunk At Outback

According to the young preteen, he immediately sensed something was wrong as his supposedly virgin beverage didn't taste quite right. Unbeknownst to him, the daiquiri contained alcohol, and he unknowingly took several sips before experiencing adverse effects.

The boy described feeling a "funny feeling," including a headache and racing heart, prompting his family to intervene. Upon confirming the bartender's error, the restaurant swiftly apologized and waived the bill.

Getty Images
Getty Images

What Did Outback Say About The Accident?

Outback corporate addressed the incident, expressing gratitude that the child didn't suffer serious harm and affirming their commitment to rectify the situation. The statement read, "We take this situation very seriously and are thankful that the child involved was not seriously harmed. We have taken the appropriate disciplinary action and all our bar and staff has been retrained."

As a precautionary measure, the family took the boy to the hospital, where he received treatment and was advised to rest. Regrettably, the following day, the young boy experienced his first hangover, confirming the inadvertent consumption of alcohol.

97X logo
Get our free mobile app

LOOK: Best high schools for sports in Michigan

Stacker compiled a list of the best high schools for sports in Michigan using data from Niche.

Gallery Credit: Stacker


More From 97X