Cedar Rapids Woman Is Called A Hero After Going Viral On TikTok
A woman in Cedar Rapids is going viral on social media for what most users are saying are the right reasons. A couple of anti-Semitic people were hanging signs to traffic on I-380 and the woman who is being called a hero and thanked on social media by most interjects to take down the signs in front of police.
Cedar Rapids police body camera footage has been obtained and shared on social media from an incident on Sunday, November 6, 2022. The video shows a police officer approaching two men hanging signs facing northbound traffic on Wilson Ave SW.
When the police officer approaches he says,
"We just got a call that you guys were acting suspicious and ducking down and all of that good stuff."
One of the men, both of them wearing ski masks, interrupts the officer before he could ask what they were doing said,
"This is all we're doing, just First Amendment stuff."
In case you forgot what the First Amendment of the United States of America constitution and the Bill Of Rights states,
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."
That "freedom of speech stuff" they were doing was hanging two anti-Semitic signs above I-380. Spreading hate is really what they were doing and while it's not against the law to spread hate, it's definitely the worst thing a human being can do and act like these two guys.
When the Cedar Rapids police officer asked what the signs said, the one man told him exactly what they said:
- Sign 1: "Money runs the world and Jews own the banks. The truth is anti-Semitic."
- Sign 2: "The Holocaust didn't happen, but it should have. We should wake up."
The officer asked if there was a website and there was which was t.me/Crew_319. If you click on that website, it takes you to a social media page on the website Telegram for Crew 319 which has this in its description,
"We are a National Socialist activist group based in Iowa. !"
After another officer approaches saying a commander was going to come down to check to see if what they were doing was legal, the woman that TikTok is calling a hero enters the scene and simply asked,
"Are these going to be taken down?"
The Cedar Rapids police officer went on to explain the commander thing when she decided to take things into her own hands and let these anti-Semitic guys a well-deserved earful about how hurtful it is to the Cedar Rapids community. The police officers also got an earful too but most of TikTok and everyone who has seen this clip believes she was in the right.
We aren't sure who the woman is but we are proud of her for speaking her mind about not spreading hate.
Top 6 Stinkiest Places In The Quad Cities
Join B100 At This Brand New, 5-Star, Adult-Only Resort In Mexico
- Dates: June 27-June 30th
- Flights: Nonstop flight from Chicago O'Hare to Cancun International Airport (return flights the same)
- You can send Gulliver's Travel Duck Creek in Bettendorf an email right now to B100@gulliverstravel.com and they automatically know to send you details about B100's trip to Mexico
- You can text message Gulliver's Travel Duck Creek in Bettendorf! Send the message "B100 Trip" to (309)-292-2354 and they'll reply back with information about our trip to Mexico!
- Finally, you can stop into Gulliver's Travel Duck Creek in Bettendorf at 874 Middle Road, Bettendorf, IA 52722 to talk with one of the great agents about the B100 trip to Mexico. They'll give you all of the details you need to know about your vacation with us! You can call them at (563)-359-6500 before heading to the agency.