Here’s a Trick That Will Make You Fall Asleep in Under a Minute
If you're someone who can fall asleep within five minutes every night, congratulations, you don't need this tip, and everyone hates you.
- Place the tip of your tongue against the tissue ridge right above your upper front teeth. Keep it there for the remainder of the exercise.
- Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound as you do so.
- Close your mouth and inhale slowly through your nose while mentally counting to four.
- Hold your breath for a mental count of seven.
- Exhale completely through your mouth for a mental count of eight. Make the same whoosh sound from Step Two.
- This concludes the first cycle. Repeat the same process three more times for a total of four renditions.
Breathing in for four seconds helps you take in more oxygen, holding your breath gives it a little more time to absorb into your bloodstream, and breathing out slowly for eight seconds slows your heart rate down.