You’ll Spend Eight Months of Your Life on the Toilet
It's my firm belief that some of the best ideas were thought up in the bathroom. That's not lost time, as far as I'm concerned.
On average, a person will spend just over 15 minutes a day on the toilet. That adds up to about two hours a week, stretch that over a lifetime and you spent eight months sitting on the throne.
The study that found those times also discovered some other bathroom-related stats:
- One-fifth of us feel weird if we don't have our phone with us on the toilet.
- The majority of men think it's weird to use a urinal right next to another guy if there are other urinals open.
- Women are more likely than men to strike up a conversation in a public bathroom.
- One in three people said sitting on the toilet is one of the only times they get to be by themselves on a daily basis.
- What do you do if you use a public bathroom and realize there's no toilet paper? 25% of people would ask a stranger to hand them some. 24% would wait until the coast was clear, then shuffle their way to another stall with their pants around their ankles. I don't know what the other 51% would do, but it's gross.