World’s Scariest Haunted House Offers $20,000 to Survivors
Man, when I was a kid the scariest part of a haunted house was when Dracula would jump out and go "Boooooo!" In the world of "extreme haunts," that's child's play.
Russ McKamey runs what is being called the World's Scariest Haunted House or as he calls it, "survival horror boot camp." McKamey Manor is a psychological nightmare that has visitors bound, gagged, tortured, and covered in fake blood.
What's the draw? If you can survive it until the end, about 8 hours, you get $20,000. So far Russ hasn't had to pay anyone and the record is currently held by a woman who lasted six hours.
Before you have a chance to try, you go on a waiting list with 24,000 other brave souls and must meet these requirements:
- 21 and older or 18-20 with parents approval.
- Completed "Sports Physical" and Doctors letter stating you are physically and mentally cleared.
- Pass a background check provided by MM.
- Be screened via Face Time or phone call.
- Proof of medical insurance.
- Sign a detailed 40 page waiver.
- Pass a portable drug test on the day of the show.